- Also known as Allium Scoenoprasum. A perennial plant that grows narrow, grass-like leaves that have a mild onion-like flavor
- Chives are rich in vitamins A and C, contain trace amounts of sulfur, and are rich in calcium and iron
- Used for many culinary creations
- Perfect for containers and small spaces
- The plant will grow to about 12" tall
Days to Maturity | 80 days
Chives | Chives are grown best in cooler weather, are cold hardy and usually are planted early in the spring. Sow your chive seeds directly into the soil as soon as it is workable and at least 60 degrees F.
Click here for complete Chives grow guide
If you like Chives, try growing Scallions.
See Chive Recipes & Growing Tips on our Pinterest Board
* THE SEED SHOP *
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION
Gift a membership to the Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month pre-pay membership options
You may also like
Discover more variety for your vegetable garden
CONTINUE SHOPPINGENTER THE SEED SHOP ➜