The Sub Arctic Plenty (Early) Tomato is trying to tell you something: It produces a lot of fruits very quickly (45 days!), and really likes cooler temps. It would also like you to know that you can quickly (45 days!) grow the plants closer together without a stake or cage, or in a container or hanging basket. One more thing: It doesn’t sacrifice flavor or texture by ripening so many fruits so quickly (45 days!). You’ll harvest clusters of robust, red, juicy, tart, smallish medium-sized fruits in no time (45 days!). Plenty of them.
- Very high yields
- Very quick production—45 days!
- Good for containers
- Good for an early Southern or short Northern growing season
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Growth type: Determinate, tomato cage support, no pruning
- Tomato size: Medium
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 12"-24" apart
- Spacing between rows: 36"-48" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 7-14 days
- Germination soil temps: 75F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-6.5 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 45-60 days
Click here to view our full Tomato grow guide
Good companion plants: Basil, Borage, Onion, Parsley, Pepper
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club
Click on the image below to view it in a larger format. Print it and save it!
SEED STARTING TIPS AND TRICKS:
6 Tips That Every NEW Gardener Should Know - View
Tips for Successfully Starting Your Seeds Indoors - View
Egg Carton Seed Trays - View
Use Muffin Tins To Start Your Seeds In! - View
How do I Know Which Seeds to Direct Sow and Which to Seeds to Start Indoors? - View
How to Get Better Germination From Your Seeds - View
9 Steps to Harden Off Seedlings - View
7 Tips For Using Rockwool To Start Your Seeds - View
Are you starting enough seeds? - View
What's the proper way to thin seedlings? 🌱 🌱 - View
Seed Planting & Spacing Cheat Sheet - View
WAIT! Don't start these seeds indoors yet! - View
OK! It's time to start these seeds indoors NOW! - View