The top name in Jersey male asparagus. Phenomenal yields, excellent quality and disease resistant. Dark green spears with purple bracts. Shoot tips hold tighter than other varieties allowing for an extended harvest period.
⚠️ These crowns are 2-year-old bare roots that are all male, which means possibly higher (3-4 times) yields.
CROWN PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Asparagus officinalis
- Depth to plant crowns: 6"-8" deep
- Spacing between plants: 14"-18" apart
- Spacing between rows: 4'-5' apart
- Preferred temps: When daytime temps exceed 75F–85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun, partial shade
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, fall
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 730 days
ADDITIONAL PLANT INFORMATION
Health Benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus contains high levels of beta carotene and other vitamins and minerals, and is a great diuretic. Need more fiber? Chew on some asparagus. And if you're looking for help controlling diabetes or preventing kidney stones, plant and eat more asparagus.
Ways to Eat Asparagus
Asparagus is delicious raw or marinated in a little olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. You can also boil, steam, grill, roast, or sauté the spears. Add some asparagus to your other favorite foods such as soups, risottos, lasagnas, and quiches. To preserve your harvest, can up a few jars of pickled asparagus.
• Shop all Asparagus (seeds)
• Shop all Asparagus (roots)
|Shop Good Companion Plants for Asparagus||📚 Grow Guide: Asparagus Roots|
* THE SEED SHOP *
Discover even more variety for your garden
Filter seed varieties by personality: