Beet, Chioggia (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- [Beta vulgaris] A rare heirloom beet variety introduced to the United States in the 1840's from Italy. The Chioggia beet produces excellent yields of some of the sweetest pink skinned beets.
- Chioggia beets have red & white rings.
- Perfect for juicing, boiling, pickling, baking, and/or freezing. Leaves can also be used as greens.
- Grows well in containers and compact locations.
- Easy to grow.
- Likes cool weather.
Day to Maturity | 60 days
- Beet Seeds | Beets are hardy and may be sown as soon as the ground can be worked. Sow seed 1/2 inch deep in rows 12-18 inches apart.
Click here for complete Beets grow guide
Do you like surprises? 🙈
Join the monthly seed club today and receive up to 5 hand-selected seed packs, delivered every month. Includes everything you need to start the seeds upon arrival. Consider gifting a membership to someone you know. Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month membership options. The perfect gift idea for any occasion! Learn more about the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club
Click on the image below to view it in a larger format. Print it and save it!
SEED STARTING TIPS AND TRICKS:
6 Tips That Every NEW Gardener Should Know - View
Tips for Successfully Starting Your Seeds Indoors - View
Egg Carton Seed Trays - View
Use Muffin Tins To Start Your Seeds In! - View
How do I Know Which Seeds to Direct Sow and Which to Seeds to Start Indoors? - View
How to Get Better Germination From Your Seeds - View
9 Steps to Harden Off Seedlings - View
7 Tips For Using Rockwool To Start Your Seeds - View
Are you starting enough seeds? - View
What's the proper way to thin seedlings? 🌱 🌱 - View
Seed Planting & Spacing Cheat Sheet - View
WAIT! Don't start these seeds indoors yet! - View
OK! It's time to start these seeds indoors NOW! - View