The Yellow Devil’s Tongue pepper plants produce legions of 2"-3" tapered fruits that wrinkle and ripen from light green to bright yellow to golden yellow, and have a sweet, citrusy flavor. If you’re tempted to set your own tongue ablaze and have idle hands, push up some daisies and plant this pepper. Makes a scorching hot sauce or wicked pickles.
- High yields
- Sweet, citrusy flavor
- Harvest any color
- Good for containers
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Capsicum chinense
- Pepper length: 2"-3"
- Scoville heat units (SHU): 300,000-500,000/extra hot
- Plant support: Tomato cage or stake
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 18"-24" apart
- Spacing between rows: 24"-36" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 7-21 days
- Germination soil temps: 75F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 90-110 days
Good companion plants: Basil, Carrot, Cucumber, Eggplant, Okra, Rosemary, Sage, Squash, Tomato
- One plant can produce hundreds of peppers!
|All Peppers ⟐ Hot Peppers||📚 Hot Peppers Grow Guide|
* THE SEED SHOP *
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION
Gift a membership to the Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club Choose from 1, 3, 6, or 12-month pre-pay membership options
You may also like
Discover more variety for your vegetable garden
CONTINUE SHOPPINGENTER THE SEED SHOP ➜