Kale, Lacinato Tuscan (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- Old Italian heirloom, rather primitive open kale with blue-green strap leaves that are 3" wide by 10-18" long.
- Also know and Tuscan or Dinosaur Kale!
- Perfect for making Kale Chips!
- The leaves of this extremely winter-hardy variety become sweeter after a hard frost or harvest leaves when young and tender.
- Delicious and tender when stir-fried or steamed.
- This variety is excellent for a Fall and Winter harvest.
Kale is considered to be a highly nutritious vegetable with powerful antioxidant properties; kale is considered to be anti-inflammatory. Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin, and reasonably rich in calcium.
Day to Maturity | 65 days
Kale Seeds | Kale can be planted pretty much anywhere in the United States where there's a cool fall growing season. Plant Kale in rows 18 inches to 2 feet apart.
Click here for complete Kale grow guide
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club
Click on the image below to view it in a larger format. Print it and save it!
SEED STARTING TIPS AND TRICKS:
6 Tips That Every NEW Gardener Should Know - View
Tips for Successfully Starting Your Seeds Indoors - View
Egg Carton Seed Trays - View
Use Muffin Tins To Start Your Seeds In! - View
How do I Know Which Seeds to Direct Sow and Which to Seeds to Start Indoors? - View
How to Get Better Germination From Your Seeds - View
9 Steps to Harden Off Seedlings - View
7 Tips For Using Rockwool To Start Your Seeds - View
Are you starting enough seeds? - View
What's the proper way to thin seedlings? 🌱 🌱 - View
Seed Planting & Spacing Cheat Sheet - View
WAIT! Don't start these seeds indoors yet! - View
OK! It's time to start these seeds indoors NOW! - View