Not only does the Tongue of Fire Bush Bean have one of the best names for a vegetable, this Italian heirloom bean produces beautiful, flavorful wide cranberry streaked pods. Originally collected in Tierra del Fuego on the tip of South America, it produces 6"-7" long pods on a compact plant. Eat it young as a green bean, shell it when it matures, or let it dry and cook the large beans as you would kidney beans.
- Easy to grow
- High yielding
- Beautiful and delicious
- 6"-7" long pods
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Depth to plant seeds: 1" deep
- Spacing between plants: 4" apart
- Spacing between rows: 18"-24" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 5-10 days
- Germination soil temps: 70F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer, fall
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 4 plants per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 55-90 days
Click here to view our full Bean grow guide
Good companion plants: Cucumber, Pea, Rosemary, Thyme, Tomato
A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING
The perfect gift idea for any special occassion. Learn more about gifting a monthly seed club membership 1, 3, 6, or 12-month pre-pay memberships available. Plans starting at only $10.00. Up to 5 seed packs every month.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club